I miss being drunk. Last time I was really drunk was when Ange was back in town. Things that you do when you are drunk... always make good stories, as long as they are not so dumb it turns into a tragedy. A friend in the lab had a Eat-Delicious-Cow day event, result of 700 lb of beef in return for his web designing effort for some farmer. We were all invited to his house to consume the amount of meat, and because he is polish, tonnes of booze as well. The problem is that since Ange and Yi are gone there's no real drinking buddies around anymore, which is probably a good thing. Despite of the hangover the next day, I miss getting tipsy, seeing other being drunk (it's not as funny if you are not drunk yourself) and having food ordered 3 in the morning with a bunch of random strangers in your friend's apartment. Waking up in the morning, that part I don't miss, but I do miss thinking about you each time I was drunk. After all, it's excusable to be irrational when you are not sober.
[12:51:05 AM]: I just realized I'm the kind that likes to keep old letters. [12:52:17 AM]: the sentiment of writing a letter, doesn't matter what kind, it takes effort.. [12:53:44 AM]: there is something incredibly moving about someone willing to go through all those trouble to tell you something, trivial or profound, especially when you re-read it years later and realize that the sentiment no longer exist. I was digging through store room boxes looking for some old course notes from undergrad. I accidentally discover some old letters and read through them. When I went on skype I said this. I wasn't sure if felt precious because 1) no body writes real letters anymore, 2)it marked a completely different time point in our lives where the sender find the need and the right to share whatever it was, with me, or 3)the realization that I actually got to hold on to something that I lost. Probably all of the above, depending on who you are. I wonder if anyone out there kept the let...
Comments