Definitely, definitely.

Karen forwarded me an email yesterday. Something about Coco-club and cheap tickets to Calgary Zoo, attached with a one liner from her, "Are you coming down to calgary anytime soon?" This was the morning after I thought I didn't get the job, so I chuckled and pleasantly replied her email saying that I'll definitely be visiting her this summer. She moved there two years ago and I've been saying that for two years. This kid is adorable. First of all she still doesn't think I was patronizing her when I said I'll visit, second of all she would actually go to the zoo with me, and finally she only pays attention to first 2 minutes of my rantings whenever I whine to her about grad school. This is the Karen who went to my iron ring ceremony coz I had no family to bring, and asked me to go to hers even when she already had her whole family there. Yeah, I think as long as she doesn't get to know me better, this friendship might last.

Anyways, I heard back from the part time prof, and we spend the rest of the day writing emails back and forth about my references (most of them conveniently on vacation now) and other stuff. Finally today she told me I can have it if I want, and I told her I will take it if my boss said it's ok. Since he's currently kayaking down colorado river in Grand Canyon, we won't know till the 10th. It'd be interesting, preping for candidacy and do my research and other research. How many things/jobs can I fail at one time? I'll tell you in a few months. That being said, I'm still going to the zoo sometime this summer. Can't let my buddy down, I'm still counting on camping on her balcony if I became jobless, or an illegal immigrant. Mental note to self: gotta get her some fruity belgian beer, she'd like those. Maybe I can make her a mussle meal while I'm there. I just said I'll cook. I'm shocked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog