Boo week

I have nothing to say... but I can still say something. That's the fun thing about monologue, you can always say something.. anything...

Went to watch 'The departed' tonight. As expected, the turns of the plot were not surprising at all because I already know the story. Perhaps I'm biased, but I think 'The infernal affair' was better. Although the hollywood version did have a few interesting addition. And Leonardo was cute in the movie.

I know I've been rather grumpy and bitchy for the whole week. There are a few good reasons to it. Bro Yi left on Tuesday, without having lunch with us as he promised. That was sad for two reasons: 1. Damn it, I went to work early thinking I have to take probably more than an hour off for a goodbye lunch, 2. This guy almost make me cry on the phone. I'll tell you how touching our conversation was...

"Sorry, don't think I can make it for lunch.. my flight was earlier than I thought."

"Huh? What do you mean earlier? It's not at 7pm?"

"No.. it's actually at 5.30, I forgot I have a stop over at Calgary, and I still have some other shit to take care of, so sorry... "

"You suck. A whole bunch of us are waiting here."

"I know... tell them I'm sorry."

"So.. alright, this is it huh? You suck."

"Yeah, I guess... I know."

"Well, have a good flight, I guess, and em.. take care..."

"Yeah.. I will..."

"Hmm.. Well.. Alright, let's not get too sappy here.."

"Yes, I'm gonna cry ..."

"You're gonna cry? I'm gonna cry. Ok, bye."

"Ok, I'll see you in M'sia in December. If you're there."

"Haha.. sure, if I'm there. Take care, bye."

Retyping our conversation I'll have to admit it's not touching at all, but at that moment it was sort of sad. My lab tech had to talk to me right after I hang up and there was obviously something off with my voice. Of course I only really felt like an idiot when most of my friends were rather non chalant about cancelling lunch. These guys are as close to him as I am, but I'm the only baby. Damn.

I did get over it after an hour or so... but the weather was so cold I must have caught a cold while walking home. The rest of the week was spent with a sore throat, dry eyes, and a running nose. Boo hoo. I apologize for the negative emotion expressed in the post if you're still reading at this point. Just to make everyone happy. Here's my gift to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog