blurp
Nothing new. My prof is going to be away for the rest of the week, I wonder if I should still work as hard... right, sometimes I don't remember I want to graduate in *fingers crossed* 2-3 years.
Our Brother Yi finished his defence today. We call him Brother not because we're all in a church or anything, just coz he and our other french canadian friend claimed to be brothers after eating blood cubes at hot pot once.. anyways, one more person graduated, one less victim in grad school. We brought him out for dinner after his defence, then he bought beer for my roomate for helping him move... then we rented a movie and finished up a bottle of red wine... then we got hungry and had some midnight hot pot (steamboat). I don't know about you guys, but that's pretty eventful on my standards for a monday night. It's a pity he's leaving soon, there's not a lot of asians in the group.. I guess after this it'd just be me...
The movie we watched was 'match point', rented it for the obvious reason: Scarlet Johansson. Typical triangle situation, the plot reminds me of 岑凯伦's novel, ahem, not that I've read many. The ending is a bit different from what you'd expect.. but still, too little scenes with SJ in it, while her face was on 1/2 of the dvd cover. Bro Yi felt gipped. I second.
Speaking of triangle. There's something about this song(I'll figure out how to do the song thing properly later)... I heard the original version on a show, but it was this version that really caught my attention. There's a newer, R&B version of it as well.. but I don't think the emotions were as strong. Probably the first time I ever wondered if that's how ppl feel like when they were 'stepping on two boats', and I can almost, almost sympathized with that. Anyways, if you like it, enjoy, if not.. mute your speakers, come back in a few days.
Our Brother Yi finished his defence today. We call him Brother not because we're all in a church or anything, just coz he and our other french canadian friend claimed to be brothers after eating blood cubes at hot pot once.. anyways, one more person graduated, one less victim in grad school. We brought him out for dinner after his defence, then he bought beer for my roomate for helping him move... then we rented a movie and finished up a bottle of red wine... then we got hungry and had some midnight hot pot (steamboat). I don't know about you guys, but that's pretty eventful on my standards for a monday night. It's a pity he's leaving soon, there's not a lot of asians in the group.. I guess after this it'd just be me...
The movie we watched was 'match point', rented it for the obvious reason: Scarlet Johansson. Typical triangle situation, the plot reminds me of 岑凯伦's novel, ahem, not that I've read many. The ending is a bit different from what you'd expect.. but still, too little scenes with SJ in it, while her face was on 1/2 of the dvd cover. Bro Yi felt gipped. I second.
Speaking of triangle. There's something about this song(I'll figure out how to do the song thing properly later)... I heard the original version on a show, but it was this version that really caught my attention. There's a newer, R&B version of it as well.. but I don't think the emotions were as strong. Probably the first time I ever wondered if that's how ppl feel like when they were 'stepping on two boats', and I can almost, almost sympathized with that. Anyways, if you like it, enjoy, if not.. mute your speakers, come back in a few days.
Comments