What. Can. I. Say.
So much built up to this moment. I mean, I've been chasing after this person for.. a month? At least. I used up my boss's connections, even get him to call them when they didn't respond, just for an email address. A contact. COO to this company I've been eying for a while. I missed out on the first round when they didn't publicly advertise their positions, found out too late through a recruiter. Finally get to email the head of the company last week... Nothing. This week, nothing. Checked the COO's LinkedIn profile this morning, what did it say? Previous position: COO of NST,Inc.(2009 - June 2010).
Seriously? Like June 2010??? It has to be this month??? Why don't I see myself winning the lottery? If I weren't at the coffee place, I wouldn't just be scratching my head and laughing. Really, with the same amount of time and effort, I could have probably chased down 5 boyfriends... or built a house.
Damn it, next time I will be invincible. Or maybe next life.
So much built up to this moment. I mean, I've been chasing after this person for.. a month? At least. I used up my boss's connections, even get him to call them when they didn't respond, just for an email address. A contact. COO to this company I've been eying for a while. I missed out on the first round when they didn't publicly advertise their positions, found out too late through a recruiter. Finally get to email the head of the company last week... Nothing. This week, nothing. Checked the COO's LinkedIn profile this morning, what did it say? Previous position: COO of NST,Inc.(2009 - June 2010).
Seriously? Like June 2010??? It has to be this month??? Why don't I see myself winning the lottery? If I weren't at the coffee place, I wouldn't just be scratching my head and laughing. Really, with the same amount of time and effort, I could have probably chased down 5 boyfriends... or built a house.
Damn it, next time I will be invincible. Or maybe next life.
Comments