When I say everything and everyone hates me... I wasn't kidding, though I should probably add 'vice versa' to that statement. Speficially, women I work with, with the exception of my part time boss (and I thank my ancestors for that), are killing me. As a girl myself I really hate to say this, maybe it is a coincident, but why these over bearing micromanagers? I'm usually laid back enough to just shrug and laugh it off, but the new vet really got on my nerves today. I can understand that she's concern, considering her background of 15 years as a clinic vet, taking care of precious pets. I'm glad she's concern, but if you ask me, there's concern, and there's smothering concern. I am not an over protective pet owner, my subjects are not my babies, I can't be on the same page as her - we don't have that capacity. So if I have to run off for 1o mins to the next room before a subject wakes up from surgery to talk to her about another subject sneezing, don't lecture me as if I just killed someone. If I didn't care about these guys I wouldn't spent hours hand feeding them. It'd take him 2 hours to wake up, unless in the past surgeries I have been crazy lucky, I think it's safe. But she has a point - she has been a vet for 15 years, she knows what she is doing. Ok, fine, fair enough, I don't think that was necessary but you win. When I express concern about post op care because of my schedule tomorrow since I'll be in 2 surgeries, she told me I should talk to InvestigatorSservices. Well, the head of IS was standing right next to her, but I know they are understaff/chaotic as well at this point, so maybe IS and I can take turns and work something out? That's not her department, she's just the vet, I should put in the paper work to request tech support but I shouldn't leave the rabbit. You cannot be serious - I'm not questioning your professional opinion, I just think you are not being reasonable, borderline crazy.

Anyways, I refrained myself from asking her if she would agree with me, instead I asked the rabbit. After being repeatedly questioned by me the rabbit woke up . I went back to the lab, saw the boys hanging out in the lunch room and started to vent. One of the nicest guy actually laughed and said, "Uh oh.. LS is irritated... you almost never see her mad, but she is irritated now." "Of course I am, she is being ridiculous." Then said the guy who always has random comments, "She's a racist." Wh...? That's a little far fetch." Finally someone decided to defuse the situation and said, "So, how did surgery go? You said it was too hot in the temporary OR?" "Yeah, of course, with three f-ing spot lights as surgical lights, you can't turn them, they were useless, I was sweating like a cow." Everyone cracked up, "'f-ing spot lights', she's mad." "Don't be angry, LS, I'm going to Holt Renfew later today with my dad to buy underwear, you want to come? I'll model them for you." "What? No! *chuckle*...Brad, you're crazy." "No I'm not, I made you laugh, I'm awesome."

Three more to go this week. Hang in there with me, you guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog