I'm sleepy. If I were a social person you would have read this on facebook instead and everyone would know 'LS is sleepy', but no, I'll only let the selected few in on this secret. I am that shy, and also because my boss's daughter is on my facebook.
I am suppose to be doing an all day experiment today, but our subject got lost in transportation. The driver went to pick it up at the airport and the airline told him they don't have anything for him. At 12pm when we called no one knew where the driver was, it was till 2pm that he finally have everything sorted out. We had to postponed the experiment and I became quite disoriented - which I don't exactly understand why, not that I'm a very organized well planned person anyways. To figure my day out, I made a list of 'things to do', it looked like this:
1. Ask D for a ride to Superstore. Need food, toilet brush and paper towels.
2. Select paper for news and views next week.
3. Wash incision.
4. Make appointment with Dr. T.
5. Order silicone, sutures, heparin and gauze.
I ended accomplishing task 1,3 and 5. Task 2 and 4 were interrupted by lunch and free mexican food at 4pm, which require me to pretend to be a neuroscience grad student. Now that dinner is taken care off I should go home... but then I'll have to clean. I think FDR's surprise b-day party last night totally worn me out (pizza, beer and cake were present), I don't even want to drink this weekend anymore. So sleepy.
Now you know what is a typical day like for a grad student. Research will have to wait when food is on the line.
I am suppose to be doing an all day experiment today, but our subject got lost in transportation. The driver went to pick it up at the airport and the airline told him they don't have anything for him. At 12pm when we called no one knew where the driver was, it was till 2pm that he finally have everything sorted out. We had to postponed the experiment and I became quite disoriented - which I don't exactly understand why, not that I'm a very organized well planned person anyways. To figure my day out, I made a list of 'things to do', it looked like this:
1. Ask D for a ride to Superstore. Need food, toilet brush and paper towels.
2. Select paper for news and views next week.
3. Wash incision.
4. Make appointment with Dr. T.
5. Order silicone, sutures, heparin and gauze.
I ended accomplishing task 1,3 and 5. Task 2 and 4 were interrupted by lunch and free mexican food at 4pm, which require me to pretend to be a neuroscience grad student. Now that dinner is taken care off I should go home... but then I'll have to clean. I think FDR's surprise b-day party last night totally worn me out (pizza, beer and cake were present), I don't even want to drink this weekend anymore. So sleepy.
Now you know what is a typical day like for a grad student. Research will have to wait when food is on the line.
Comments