So... I didn't get the job. I was sort of waiting by the phone till 6pm when I decided to go to the gym. As I was showering the phone beeped, signaling a missed call. Between drying my hair and reaching for the phone, I wasn't sure if I really cared it turned out one way or the other. As I was listening to the message I thought it was funny that the guy sounded solemnly serious... like he was telling me my puppy just died. I guess I did him a favour for not picking it up.
Anyway, the first thing I did was to text everyone about the outcome. They all texted me right after the interview to check if it went well. It was cute. I know as supportive as they are, they don't think about it 24/7 so there is really no rush. But somehow my brain decided they should be informed ASAP so no one would be holding out hope for me still. The sms didn't get to one of them before I saw him in the office post gym, so I told him. After I assured him I wasn't heart broken over it, I thought he said something really cute, "It's good you are not sad about it... coz it actually makes me happy... What am I gonna do if you are not here?" "Aww..." "No, I know you gotta move on... but now at least not immediately."
I know it is likely spoken to console my disappointment in being rejected, or perhaps he would feel left behind if I did get the job. Regardless I decided I will allow myself to indulge in whatever I want to believe today... like there will be other interviews. Like whether you fall, means nothing at all - it's whether you get up.
Anyway, the first thing I did was to text everyone about the outcome. They all texted me right after the interview to check if it went well. It was cute. I know as supportive as they are, they don't think about it 24/7 so there is really no rush. But somehow my brain decided they should be informed ASAP so no one would be holding out hope for me still. The sms didn't get to one of them before I saw him in the office post gym, so I told him. After I assured him I wasn't heart broken over it, I thought he said something really cute, "It's good you are not sad about it... coz it actually makes me happy... What am I gonna do if you are not here?" "Aww..." "No, I know you gotta move on... but now at least not immediately."
I know it is likely spoken to console my disappointment in being rejected, or perhaps he would feel left behind if I did get the job. Regardless I decided I will allow myself to indulge in whatever I want to believe today... like there will be other interviews. Like whether you fall, means nothing at all - it's whether you get up.
Comments