Muahahahaha. The trip up to the mountains over the weekend was as I predicted, awesome. I was sore all over when I got back on Monday. We even had time to sight see a little, since we left early on Saturday. Revisited Maligne Canyon. Reminded me of my undergrad years when we used to go on road trips all the time with HS. It was windy up in the ski hills on Sunday, so windy my buddy had to go back to the car to put on an extra layer. I had an awesome base layer, so I was warm. The snow was icy and packed, made falling a lot more painful than it should be. But I had no bruised knees, just sore arms from supporting my weight during/post fall. It was very sunny too, so I'm currently sporting a raccoon tan because I wore goggles. I'm just happy.
[12:51:05 AM]: I just realized I'm the kind that likes to keep old letters. [12:52:17 AM]: the sentiment of writing a letter, doesn't matter what kind, it takes effort.. [12:53:44 AM]: there is something incredibly moving about someone willing to go through all those trouble to tell you something, trivial or profound, especially when you re-read it years later and realize that the sentiment no longer exist. I was digging through store room boxes looking for some old course notes from undergrad. I accidentally discover some old letters and read through them. When I went on skype I said this. I wasn't sure if felt precious because 1) no body writes real letters anymore, 2)it marked a completely different time point in our lives where the sender find the need and the right to share whatever it was, with me, or 3)the realization that I actually got to hold on to something that I lost. Probably all of the above, depending on who you are. I wonder if anyone out there kept the let...
Comments