Just got back from perfume/cologne shopping. I only buy unscented lotion, so it's not for me - a friend needed to find a new replacement scent. Ended up spending 2 hours sniffing too many different fragrances. I must admit, though it's not my thing, it can be fun if you go with the right ppl. We found one that smells like 'fresh cut grass'. We initially thought it smelt like paint, until we read the description. It's actually an intriguing smell, I'm just not sure a person should smell like that all day. There was also one that smelt like tequila, which made me happy, just a little - you shouldn't smell like that all day too.. unless you do it the proper way.
Many things to learn too. I now know that the coffee beans at the counter top are not for coffee making, it's to "clear your nose". The fragrance is suppose to change or "transform" over time, it smells different on skin than on paper, and on different ppl. My buddy ended up getting Narciso for Him, which is too strong for my taste on the first day, but smell great the next day. (He had convinced me to keep a ribbon with that particular perfume at home once, to proof the point that 'it gets better'.). The oil is more subtle, but twice the price, so he opted for the spray anyways. It was when we were testing the oil that I finally got it - I can imagine sniffing one patch of skin and wanting to sniff another patch if it smells like that. I think that is what they meant by seductive... or maybe that just means I'm not repelled by it. Hmm.. I don't know. Hanging out with gay boys makes me feel incompetent as a member of the female species, sometimes.
Many things to learn too. I now know that the coffee beans at the counter top are not for coffee making, it's to "clear your nose". The fragrance is suppose to change or "transform" over time, it smells different on skin than on paper, and on different ppl. My buddy ended up getting Narciso for Him, which is too strong for my taste on the first day, but smell great the next day. (He had convinced me to keep a ribbon with that particular perfume at home once, to proof the point that 'it gets better'.). The oil is more subtle, but twice the price, so he opted for the spray anyways. It was when we were testing the oil that I finally got it - I can imagine sniffing one patch of skin and wanting to sniff another patch if it smells like that. I think that is what they meant by seductive... or maybe that just means I'm not repelled by it. Hmm.. I don't know. Hanging out with gay boys makes me feel incompetent as a member of the female species, sometimes.
Comments