Sigh. Don't you just hate it when ppl talk way too loud in public places? I always wonder if I'm getting old when the list of things that annoy me gets longer. Today is one of those days, I was sitting at the cafe by the window, enjoying a quiet rainy afternoon working on my paper. Then this couple came in and sat on the table next to mine.. and ruined it all. First thing I noticed about them was that one of them was wearing some perfume that you can smell a mile away. I know I tend to get pretty sensitive with perfumes, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt. But when the guy started talking, I knew it's over, I had to move. I can hear him telling his companion about his new job. He is making a lot of money now, like a lotttt. He started playing soccer but still are a little out of shape, despite working out in the gym allllll the time. He was really surprised when she told him her family doesn't understand what is chiropractics and why she wanted to study it, "Doesn't everyone know what that is?" Dude, she just told you her family doesn't. I am not even eavesdropping and I already know more than enough... it suddenly felt too much like watching a reality dating tv show.
[12:51:05 AM]: I just realized I'm the kind that likes to keep old letters. [12:52:17 AM]: the sentiment of writing a letter, doesn't matter what kind, it takes effort.. [12:53:44 AM]: there is something incredibly moving about someone willing to go through all those trouble to tell you something, trivial or profound, especially when you re-read it years later and realize that the sentiment no longer exist. I was digging through store room boxes looking for some old course notes from undergrad. I accidentally discover some old letters and read through them. When I went on skype I said this. I wasn't sure if felt precious because 1) no body writes real letters anymore, 2)it marked a completely different time point in our lives where the sender find the need and the right to share whatever it was, with me, or 3)the realization that I actually got to hold on to something that I lost. Probably all of the above, depending on who you are. I wonder if anyone out there kept the let...
Comments