I should try to be rich. I joke about that all the time, because when a grad student said that there's a certain level of hilarity associated with it. Like a lawyer saying he/she should try to be honest. But in a brief moment of clarity today, after watching a Master Card commercial, I decided I should be serious about it. I used to worry I'll lose prospective of more important things if I am serious about making money. But that's crazy - you lose prospective of things because you paid too much attention to the little details... and it's hard not to when you need to work too hard, for too little. No one knows money better than a credit card company, their commercial tells it all, what everyone knows - the important things in life cannot be bought with money... but everything and everyone else can (be on loan). How could you not believe that. It only make sense to chase after the security/luxury of knowing most problems that can be solved with money will not be real problems... because you don't have to be in real trouble to only have yourself to count on. That's right, I should try to be rich. Step one is to apply for a Master Card.
[12:51:05 AM]: I just realized I'm the kind that likes to keep old letters. [12:52:17 AM]: the sentiment of writing a letter, doesn't matter what kind, it takes effort.. [12:53:44 AM]: there is something incredibly moving about someone willing to go through all those trouble to tell you something, trivial or profound, especially when you re-read it years later and realize that the sentiment no longer exist. I was digging through store room boxes looking for some old course notes from undergrad. I accidentally discover some old letters and read through them. When I went on skype I said this. I wasn't sure if felt precious because 1) no body writes real letters anymore, 2)it marked a completely different time point in our lives where the sender find the need and the right to share whatever it was, with me, or 3)the realization that I actually got to hold on to something that I lost. Probably all of the above, depending on who you are. I wonder if anyone out there kept the let...
Comments