This happened a while ago. I was telling Ange about how my dad was worried sick when I told him I was getting a guy roommate. He called numerous time to ask me if I was sure it was a good idea, if he was trustworthy, why don't I just live alone, etc. His only consolation was that I told him I lock my room door at night, while in reality our doors don't lock. Ange cracked up and told me the time her mom got worried when she moved in with Trish, thinking that they were in a relationship. "She'd be happy if I were moving in with a guy. She asked if I were a lesbian. " I wonder how parents handle it, how does a person worry so much and not go crazy. I feel bad for my parents, I prob suck as a chinese child: I don't get to spend time at home, don't have a real job, skip meals all the time, don't answer my cell phone most of the time, joke about mixed babies, actively pursue tequila instead of boys and lie about my door situation. I also told my mom I wash the toilet monthly while I don't. If only they knew, my dad will have endless nightmares about his drunk daughter who lives in an apartment with a colour wolf and a filthy washroom.
[12:51:05 AM]: I just realized I'm the kind that likes to keep old letters. [12:52:17 AM]: the sentiment of writing a letter, doesn't matter what kind, it takes effort.. [12:53:44 AM]: there is something incredibly moving about someone willing to go through all those trouble to tell you something, trivial or profound, especially when you re-read it years later and realize that the sentiment no longer exist. I was digging through store room boxes looking for some old course notes from undergrad. I accidentally discover some old letters and read through them. When I went on skype I said this. I wasn't sure if felt precious because 1) no body writes real letters anymore, 2)it marked a completely different time point in our lives where the sender find the need and the right to share whatever it was, with me, or 3)the realization that I actually got to hold on to something that I lost. Probably all of the above, depending on who you are. I wonder if anyone out there kept the let...
Comments