This post is written from Columbus. I'm enjoying the luxury (or pain)of having a laptop on a conference trip. Having a hotel room to yourself is cool, watching a horror movie two days before is not. Having the whole row to yourself on the plane is good, being thrown off slightly of your seat during turbulance is not.

Columbus is actually pretty nice. I figured I must like smaller, older cities. The blocks were far away though, no wonder I see more ppl on bikes and cars than walking. Ohio State University campus is huge. The campus is what I imagine a campus would be like before I started university. Sort of reminds me of UBC and NUS, where the campus is more secluded to rest of the city. I tried to walk around but it was cold and rainny last night. The only achievement was that I ate dinner at a korean restaurant, and wine was paid for tonight... the only good thing about having dinners with profs on a conference. Hearing their discussion about how grad students shouldn't demand for weekends... no wonder my prof thinks I'm a slacker, I didn't know a grad student shouldn't be expecting weekends off.

Gotta fly at 9am tomorrow. I look forward to some good sleep on my own bed with my flat pillow where I don't wake up every 1/2 hour because my neck feels funny or because I thought I heard something.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So, do you have some postcards as souvenir ?
507 said…
Hahaha.. sorry, no post cards this time. Other than the fact that the trip was really short, all gift shops were only selling Ohio State University t-shirts...

Popular posts from this blog