Whoa. It's been busy. I was finally able to catch a break this long weekend, despite the fact that my experiment was a complete disaster. Oh wells, I should have known, things never work when the boss is not around. I'll try to ignore what that really means.
The weekend before was the Fringe festival. I was a little bummed that I caught on to the festival relatively late. It's supposed to be the largest theater (in and outdoor) festival in north america. I only managed to catch one show with the guys, it's a two part monologue. We were gonna randomly pick one play titled "cuckoo" but someone decided it's not his kind of humour after the cashier told us the sypnosis of the play: two person were having anal sex and they got stuck. We somehow thought it was about a gay couple, so I can understand if the guy was a little uncomfortable with that. Later we walked by the posters and realized it was actually about a straight couple. I think we all sort of have the "Oh... we could have gone for that..." thought at that moment. I just think it would have been a good story if we didn't ask about the plot and changed our minds. Anyways, "The poster of cosmos" was good too, the actors were pretty intense. Piercing gaze. One of the character was gay though. Heh.
Was working nonstop for probably 4-5 days after that, which felt like forever coz in grad school we barely work. Amplifiers were acting up 1/2 way through the experiment on wednesday, boss came back on thursday and gave me a very sympathetic look. I'm sure he will have quite a different look once it he came to his senses next week. Friday was roast party at FDR's, food was great, the crowd was not that great coz there's some Phys Ed guys who kept talking about how/where to pick up girls. I sincerely believe they are nice guys, but the more they talk... the more I think they shouldn't... unless they are working for some lesbian recruiment agency.
Saturday was the well anticipated tequila party... well anticipated by me and Leandro, at least. Weird enough it was at John's, Ange's friend whom we're not very familiar with. Oh, before that I went to a bike ride and almost ran into a tree. I did an emergency break and decided to jump off the bike (I was thrown off the bike). I was rather proud that I wasn't injured, coz it could have been ugly. Anyways, surviving that, and my buddy laughing at me for the next 10 mins, a bunch of us went over to John's. It wasn't as crazy as last time coz ppl were pretty reserved with the tequila (they would drink tonnes of vodka though). Sigh. Where's Ange and Yi when we need them? Because I wasn't completely sober I walked to Suite 69 with them afterwards. I always don't remember how awkward it was until I got dragged down to the dance floor. The only consolation was that this time there's someone as uncomfortable as me, so I focus on making him feel even more awkward. It was great, though I think someone implied that I looked like I had Tourette's. It's alright, I've already thought of my line if it ever gets brought up in any conversation - "I do not recall." It works all the time.
That, is my very speedy recap of what happened when I should have been studying.
The weekend before was the Fringe festival. I was a little bummed that I caught on to the festival relatively late. It's supposed to be the largest theater (in and outdoor) festival in north america. I only managed to catch one show with the guys, it's a two part monologue. We were gonna randomly pick one play titled "cuckoo" but someone decided it's not his kind of humour after the cashier told us the sypnosis of the play: two person were having anal sex and they got stuck. We somehow thought it was about a gay couple, so I can understand if the guy was a little uncomfortable with that. Later we walked by the posters and realized it was actually about a straight couple. I think we all sort of have the "Oh... we could have gone for that..." thought at that moment. I just think it would have been a good story if we didn't ask about the plot and changed our minds. Anyways, "The poster of cosmos" was good too, the actors were pretty intense. Piercing gaze. One of the character was gay though. Heh.
Was working nonstop for probably 4-5 days after that, which felt like forever coz in grad school we barely work. Amplifiers were acting up 1/2 way through the experiment on wednesday, boss came back on thursday and gave me a very sympathetic look. I'm sure he will have quite a different look once it he came to his senses next week. Friday was roast party at FDR's, food was great, the crowd was not that great coz there's some Phys Ed guys who kept talking about how/where to pick up girls. I sincerely believe they are nice guys, but the more they talk... the more I think they shouldn't... unless they are working for some lesbian recruiment agency.
Saturday was the well anticipated tequila party... well anticipated by me and Leandro, at least. Weird enough it was at John's, Ange's friend whom we're not very familiar with. Oh, before that I went to a bike ride and almost ran into a tree. I did an emergency break and decided to jump off the bike (I was thrown off the bike). I was rather proud that I wasn't injured, coz it could have been ugly. Anyways, surviving that, and my buddy laughing at me for the next 10 mins, a bunch of us went over to John's. It wasn't as crazy as last time coz ppl were pretty reserved with the tequila (they would drink tonnes of vodka though). Sigh. Where's Ange and Yi when we need them? Because I wasn't completely sober I walked to Suite 69 with them afterwards. I always don't remember how awkward it was until I got dragged down to the dance floor. The only consolation was that this time there's someone as uncomfortable as me, so I focus on making him feel even more awkward. It was great, though I think someone implied that I looked like I had Tourette's. It's alright, I've already thought of my line if it ever gets brought up in any conversation - "I do not recall." It works all the time.
That, is my very speedy recap of what happened when I should have been studying.
Comments