Just got back from Jasper. There was a meeting from last Thursday till Sunday afternoon, and I was 1/2 dead when I got back in town. I don't now how these ppl do it, breakfast at 7am, talks from 9am-10pm, and socials afterwards. I slept less than 5 hours per day. Conveniently my talk was on Sunday morning, by that time I didn't really care much... plus, Arthur hunted me down on Saturday night during beer time to tell me he won't be around for my talk because he had to fly out to Paris at 5am. So "good luck", he said. I blinked at him and he added, "you'll be fine". You'd think he can tell me things like that a bit earlier. Since the meeting was also a retirement party for one of the big guys from our department, my part time boss actually showed up on Sunday to say hi, so in theory one of my boss was there.
While all of us were stuck in seminar rooms in the mountain, the spanish post doc was leaving the city for her faculty position in Spain. Which means, I no longer have a biking buddy. She left an envelope with my roomate, and in it I found a map, a touque and a note, saying "don't get lost in the summer and don't get cold in the winter." Sigh. Friends come and friends go. Well, at least they leave presents. It's gonna be less fun without her around.
While all of us were stuck in seminar rooms in the mountain, the spanish post doc was leaving the city for her faculty position in Spain. Which means, I no longer have a biking buddy. She left an envelope with my roomate, and in it I found a map, a touque and a note, saying "don't get lost in the summer and don't get cold in the winter." Sigh. Friends come and friends go. Well, at least they leave presents. It's gonna be less fun without her around.
Comments