I don't remember the last time I swear this much. No, not even during Xcountry skiing or ironing. I'm pissed. I have to believe that there must be some reason why a comp sci person would write code that way, and it has to be beyond my understanding, coz it looked totally dumb to me. I need to calm down before I smash the monitor to pieces. Breath. Damn it. Alright, breath, and try not to swear in between. As if fixing the codes is not frustrating enough, when I send the PDF files to the grad student, she asked if I can get rid of the extra spaces around the figures. I don't know, maybe I'm just bitter coz no one's doing my data analysis for my thesis, but that question really didn't come at a good time. I mean, really, you need me to do that for you too, really? It doesn't take long to just click that camera icon and select as large and as small as you want in PDF. I'm not even gonna get into the part that I really think everyone should do their own work, even if you're a clinician. Like, really? Sigh. I don't know. Calm.
As Karen once said, I have the temper of an infant, I'm grumpy when sleepy or hungry. So I've not been in a good mood lately. I think I swore at Esther on her birthday. The reason being I was out with another friend to buy her a cake, it was during work and this person took 30 minutes trying to decide on which cake to buy, which was fine, but when we got back, took him forever to get into the lunch room, as he was chatting on msn with his brother. When I finally gathered everyone in the lunch room, I went to get the bday girl. She just started writing an email, and knowing her, it'll take forever before it will be completed. The candles were burning.
So I said, "Let's go, write it later."
She said, "Just one minute."
I said, "No, let's go now, we have to go now."
She said, "Yeah, coming." And she kept typing. The candles were burning.
So I said, "Oh come on, let's go! Jesus Christ, you guys make my blood pressure goes up." and I was storming out.
I think she was a bit surprised at how impatient I was, but gathered her lunch and came with me anyways. Good thing there's a cake waiting for her. And all these time I thought I've good at managing my temper. Apparently it's just coz I've been relatively stress free. Boo.
I need to prep a talk for Thursday and I'm running out of time. Damn it.
As Karen once said, I have the temper of an infant, I'm grumpy when sleepy or hungry. So I've not been in a good mood lately. I think I swore at Esther on her birthday. The reason being I was out with another friend to buy her a cake, it was during work and this person took 30 minutes trying to decide on which cake to buy, which was fine, but when we got back, took him forever to get into the lunch room, as he was chatting on msn with his brother. When I finally gathered everyone in the lunch room, I went to get the bday girl. She just started writing an email, and knowing her, it'll take forever before it will be completed. The candles were burning.
So I said, "Let's go, write it later."
She said, "Just one minute."
I said, "No, let's go now, we have to go now."
She said, "Yeah, coming." And she kept typing. The candles were burning.
So I said, "Oh come on, let's go! Jesus Christ, you guys make my blood pressure goes up." and I was storming out.
I think she was a bit surprised at how impatient I was, but gathered her lunch and came with me anyways. Good thing there's a cake waiting for her. And all these time I thought I've good at managing my temper. Apparently it's just coz I've been relatively stress free. Boo.
I need to prep a talk for Thursday and I'm running out of time. Damn it.
Comments
Hope you're feeling better now =).