It's freaking hot. Hot hot hot. Like the song in bend it like beckham, but not as fun, and no curry. I think I'm getting a headache from the heat. I didn't think I would have to complain about being hot in Edmonton, but 30+ C and no fan/air con is not fun. The deadliest of all... I tell you, is having to wear a bra when you're already sweating like crazy. We all know how sweaty the chest gets when it's warm... having extra layers of fat there sure doesn't help, and it's just gross when you're suffocating them in sweat and heat. It's gotta be a recipe for cancer somehow. Yes, I don't know how ppl who live at 40+ degress do it, hell, I don't even know how I do it when I was back home. But then we have fans/air con back home. Right.
Anyways. Was trying to work on my part time stuff, the boss, as nice as she is, have been trying to hint that things should go faster. I think. I'm not a great mind reader, especially when I'm sleep deprived. On Friday when we met I only had 2 hours of sleep the night before, rushing to get stuff done before my full time boss leave for vacation again, so I wasn't really paying attention to her expressions. Plus she startled me when she rubbed my back while saying hi, I'm not used to ppl doing that, though I've noticed that she do that to all her students. Yes, it's an all girl powered lab. I've never worked in a place with so many girls before. It's in speech pathology and there's probably 10 of them or more, I'm not sure. They dressed like they are attending a party or something. Ok, reprase, they dressed like girls on my floor (all 4 of them) would dress when they have to go to a party... except for me, I just don't go to parties. :D I feel underdressed whenever I walk into the lab with my sweater and jeans... which is odd, coz the labs I know, unless you show up with pjs or no clothes at all, it's pretty hard to be under dressed. The tech guy in our lab wore a t-shirt that was ripped at the back once. Anyways, not that I can do anything about it, if I start dressing up then I'll be over dressed for my lab. Heh.
Anyhows. My head hurts and I'm gonna go down some ice cold water. I vote for everyone to go braless next week when it's suppose to hit 37c.
Anyways. Was trying to work on my part time stuff, the boss, as nice as she is, have been trying to hint that things should go faster. I think. I'm not a great mind reader, especially when I'm sleep deprived. On Friday when we met I only had 2 hours of sleep the night before, rushing to get stuff done before my full time boss leave for vacation again, so I wasn't really paying attention to her expressions. Plus she startled me when she rubbed my back while saying hi, I'm not used to ppl doing that, though I've noticed that she do that to all her students. Yes, it's an all girl powered lab. I've never worked in a place with so many girls before. It's in speech pathology and there's probably 10 of them or more, I'm not sure. They dressed like they are attending a party or something. Ok, reprase, they dressed like girls on my floor (all 4 of them) would dress when they have to go to a party... except for me, I just don't go to parties. :D I feel underdressed whenever I walk into the lab with my sweater and jeans... which is odd, coz the labs I know, unless you show up with pjs or no clothes at all, it's pretty hard to be under dressed. The tech guy in our lab wore a t-shirt that was ripped at the back once. Anyways, not that I can do anything about it, if I start dressing up then I'll be over dressed for my lab. Heh.
Anyhows. My head hurts and I'm gonna go down some ice cold water. I vote for everyone to go braless next week when it's suppose to hit 37c.
Comments