I'm sleepy. But I have it in my mind that I have to work, so I'm back in the lab after dinner (after grocery shopping (after work)). I'm tired to start off with, so it's extra hard to stay awake after dinner. But if I go to bed now I'll wake up sometime around midnight... bah.

Yeap, I'm back from Calgary. The bus ride to Calgary was great, the bus was on time, air condition was on full blast... the bus ride home, not that great. Bus was an hour late, good thing I made Karen go home after she dropped me off at the bus stop, even better still I have a book with me. It was pretty hot the whole ride home as well. Most ppl were extra annoyed when the bus driver started asking for directions to get to the station when we're in the city. The weekend was good though, didn't do much on friday other than going for pho, looking at her bro's wedding pics and catching up. We went to the zoo on Saturday and saw lots of animals. I don't know why I felt as if I shouldn't be saying that. The guys laughed too when I summarized my weekend by saying, "I saw lots of animals." Can't even hide the glee, coz it was fun, except for the 31C sun, we're exhausted by the end of the day. The animals were organized by continents. Africa and Eurasia were pretty good, Australia not too exciting (we didn't even see Kangaroos). Mini monkeys with faces slightly bigger than my thumb were probably my favourite. Tiger chewing on a rabbit was good too. The vietnamese moss frog sign who got everyone confused was rather entertaining as well. For some reason the zoo decided the word 'frog' should go after the species's latin name, which was written in brackets after 'vietnamese moss', so most ppl stop reading after 'moss'. The frogs themselves was conviniently camouflaged behind the moss, so at first glance you can only see moss. One kid kept repeating, "But it's just moss!" and someone said, "I didn't know moss are nocturnal.. " Anyways, we were so tired by the time we got home, we went to the grocery store a block away and bought dinner. Dinner and a 10 lbs watermelon. I was entertaining myself with Karen's electronic scale before and after we consumed 1/2 of the melon. Conclusion was that she must have eaten more than her share coz she gained 2 lbs while I only gained 1.5 lbs. Yes, I do silly things like that, I have silly genes in me. That's exactly the kind of thing my cousin and I would do. Ho ho ho. The whole weekend reminded me of my school holidays at my aunt's, actually. When we're not out we're mostly reading, while watching tv. Or we'd be eating breakfast and reading. Karen was sick so she was blowing her nose all day long, and my cousin had allergies almost all the time. She used to carry a roll of toilet paper with her around the house. Talking about deja vu. I miss days like that, days without internet or computers. Peaceful simple days.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, what a pity! Nvm, come to Perth. You'll get to see and feed kangeroos. If you travel on a country road at night, you might even get to kill them...
507 said…
Hahaha.. I'd love to go, believe me, my account balance just won't let me.

Popular posts from this blog