This might or might not be the lamest conference, off conference experience wise. First of all, we are at San Deigo, California and we are not even staying downtown. The conference is downtown, everything is downtown, but we are not there. Second of all, it's 10pm and everyone I am staying with is in bed. They talked about taking turns to cook dinner every night that we are in town.

I think it's an awesome idea if we were real roomates, those long term ones you live with everyday. I'm not a party monster but when you go from 0 degrees Edmonton to 20 degrees San Diego, would you really just want to stay indoors and cook what you would eat at home the rest of the year as oppose to:

1. Explore the city
2. Try different cuisine
3. Go out in town and do something for goodness sake!

I'm not a party monster but even I can't take it. I always thought the boys party too hard, staying uptil 2am or so.. but the alternative is so much more painful. I am at a new city and I am bored! Like crazy want to pull out my hair bored. At 10pm. So I get online. If I planned to do this I should just stay at home at least I don't have to pay for internet. It's like going on a family vacation but with strangers.

Maybe it's different mentality. This colleage I am staying with scream tired but got online to talk to bfs for another hour or so. I asked another guy why didn't he stay longer to just go around the city. He told me he would if his wife came with him - it's just no fun without her. I genuinely am not sure if I envy or despise that. I listen to my colleague's conversation with her bf and I suddenly understood why ppl would think married life is boring. They really have very unexciting conversations. Things you would never call your friends up to talk about because it's so ridiculously trivial.

I think I'm gonna go to the gym. Or something. This trip is driving me crazy. Can't even watch TV coz everyone is sleeping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog