Ever wonder what does it take for someone to stop caring for you?

I did. Today in the shower. It was a good day, one of those crazy non stop day, but not bad. I had to take a shower to clean up before I go to bed at night, and I suddenly wondered. I thought about the conversation in the lunch room a few afternoons ago. The guys were talking about the market. I mentioned that the economy crisis almost happen every 10 years, at least in asia there was the 97 crash, and then one in late eighties. What I didn't say was why I remembered. Every family has its difficult times, but we got over it. I always thought those who stay behind were the ones who cared. Then a few years ago I was proven wrong.

So. Would you stop caring for your siblings if they killed someone or had an affair? Do you love them unconditionally? Would you give them a kidney? Would you drift away from a friend if he/she is broke? Is a wife beater? Smoke weed? Steal money from homeless ppl? Take the public transport for free? Doesn't pay tax? Drink before noon? Smells funny? Hates animals? Rants about absolutely nothing on blogs?

There's no reason why you can't just stop caring for someone because he/she repulsed you by picking his/her teeth in public that one time. I was just wondering, what does it take for you to hate me, assuming I am significant enough for you to hate me. If I had a list of "these things" from everyone I know... who would I keep.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know, but we should be forgiving as what we have been told, which is not easy to do. I guess everyone has a button stated "click this and I will explode" I'm wondering what is yours look like... "Call me crazy drunken scientist"?
507 said…
Heh. You don't want to know.

Popular posts from this blog