Hmm...

I will be going into engineering in September. I really wanted to do arts but my parents insisted I get into engineering. My roomate, who is also my cousin, is doing science right now and is trying to get into med school. He drives a honda civic and we will be going to vancouver for the next 5 days, with my friend whom I met (details not specified) through some high school events. Yes, my friend is 18 and just graduated high school.

That was my roomate and my character descriptions for 5 minutes today, when we went to pick up our friend's boyfriend from his house, so he could go on a trip to vancouver with our friend this weekend, for Pride week. So yes, there's a few reasons why we were used as decoy, 1. he's young, 2. he's gay, 3. my friend's white and he's asian. In some sense it was suppose to be funny, I mean, we all knew the bf, we hang out and we tease them about it all the time. But somewhere between dropping off our friend 3 blocks away from his bf's house and meeting the boy's mom briefly from a distance and saying hi... it stopped being funny... I actually felt bad for him. A full grown man having to loiter on the streets while his friends pick up his bf to go for a trip, it's not like he's 15... I guess that's the price you pay when you don't date ppl your own age...and I confess I do feel guilty when I met the mom... when she sent him off the way my mom would. Gosh, I could never lie to my parents like that, and I never had to, thank goodness. I'm only good at not telling them things, or be sketchy about details. Not that I'm saying that's any better...Sigh. At least he's of legal age.

As for the artsy mentioning in the role... Initially I suggested that since we're doing fictional characters why couldn't I be in art school instead. The conclusion was that it would be a hard sell (like implying I just left high school isn't... ), but to pacify me I get to be an artist wannabe engineering student. Boo hoo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog