I've been busy, both playing and working. Okay, more playing than working, which probably isn't that great. So last weekend we went for our last ski trip of the season. Had a hard time trying to keep pace with my snowbaord buddy (on the greens, I know, pathetic), and a had few chair lift incidents that earned me some nice bruises on the knees and a nick name "pluff". Good times.
Spent the rest of the week trying to finish up my thesis proposal. I can't believe how long it takes for me to write four pages of BS, and they are not even high quality ones. Anyhows, got it done before the end of this long Easter weekend so I can go hang out with Ange, who is back in town from Winnipeg. Black Dog outings are a must when Ange is around, but we didn't get in on Thrusday night coz the line was too long. Ended up at The Attic, which obviously had a less decent crowd, coz Trish ended up losing her wallet. Lot's of asians though, I don't think I've ever seen an asian crowd here in a club before. A chinese girl even jumped out from nowhere to "high 5" with me when I was dragged to the dance floor. Anyways, that was a late night. The next day we went for "Grindhouse", which I thought was a great movie. Three hours of movie excitement then we hit Black Dog again, for real this time. Spent the whole night there, and slept over at Lisa's coz someone kept stealing my jacket and I can't walk back when it's freezing cold out there.
Woke up the next day with a hang over and went breakfast with Ange and co. I had to go home and catch a new hours of sleep before I go out with Karen for dinner. The dinner was better than I expected. I wasn't too enthusiastic when Karen told me it was her high school friend's bday so we would be having dinner with some of her high school friends.... obviously I don't know them, and it would be odd attending a high school dinner if you're not from that high school. But then Karen assured me it'd be fine, and because it's Karen I relent. It ended up pretty alright, they even brought the cake to my place and crash for a little while. I was quite amazed to find out that most of them have not dated anyone, and they are all fine young lady, not sloppy nerdy grad student like me. Makes me wonder what has this world come down to... Anyways, they left about 11pm and Karen stayed till about 1am.
Got a message this afternoon about lunch with Ange at chinatown. I did some grocery shopping after lunch, then walked down the river valley to go home when I ran into Lisa and Ange again. I was starting to think if she doesn't go back to Winnipeg soon my boss will fire me. And it's very hard to get fired when you're a grad student, coz you're the cheapest labour available in research land. Got back at 5pm, took a nap till 9pm, called Ange and told her I won't be going to Black Dog tonite, and my dad decided to call me. I sounded sleepy, but not to make him think that he woke me up, I told him I was awake. Then he asked if I was having problems/worries.... I think he thought I was crying or something. Boy. I decided I better head back to the lab before I go nuts. So I did, and here I am telling you what I've been up to for the last week or so. Happy Easter.
Spent the rest of the week trying to finish up my thesis proposal. I can't believe how long it takes for me to write four pages of BS, and they are not even high quality ones. Anyhows, got it done before the end of this long Easter weekend so I can go hang out with Ange, who is back in town from Winnipeg. Black Dog outings are a must when Ange is around, but we didn't get in on Thrusday night coz the line was too long. Ended up at The Attic, which obviously had a less decent crowd, coz Trish ended up losing her wallet. Lot's of asians though, I don't think I've ever seen an asian crowd here in a club before. A chinese girl even jumped out from nowhere to "high 5" with me when I was dragged to the dance floor. Anyways, that was a late night. The next day we went for "Grindhouse", which I thought was a great movie. Three hours of movie excitement then we hit Black Dog again, for real this time. Spent the whole night there, and slept over at Lisa's coz someone kept stealing my jacket and I can't walk back when it's freezing cold out there.
Woke up the next day with a hang over and went breakfast with Ange and co. I had to go home and catch a new hours of sleep before I go out with Karen for dinner. The dinner was better than I expected. I wasn't too enthusiastic when Karen told me it was her high school friend's bday so we would be having dinner with some of her high school friends.... obviously I don't know them, and it would be odd attending a high school dinner if you're not from that high school. But then Karen assured me it'd be fine, and because it's Karen I relent. It ended up pretty alright, they even brought the cake to my place and crash for a little while. I was quite amazed to find out that most of them have not dated anyone, and they are all fine young lady, not sloppy nerdy grad student like me. Makes me wonder what has this world come down to... Anyways, they left about 11pm and Karen stayed till about 1am.
Got a message this afternoon about lunch with Ange at chinatown. I did some grocery shopping after lunch, then walked down the river valley to go home when I ran into Lisa and Ange again. I was starting to think if she doesn't go back to Winnipeg soon my boss will fire me. And it's very hard to get fired when you're a grad student, coz you're the cheapest labour available in research land. Got back at 5pm, took a nap till 9pm, called Ange and told her I won't be going to Black Dog tonite, and my dad decided to call me. I sounded sleepy, but not to make him think that he woke me up, I told him I was awake. Then he asked if I was having problems/worries.... I think he thought I was crying or something. Boy. I decided I better head back to the lab before I go nuts. So I did, and here I am telling you what I've been up to for the last week or so. Happy Easter.
Comments