The thing with ppl is... it's not simple. I often have the feeling that I'm not apt to deal with the degree of complication involved in human relationships. Walking down the aisle in the grocery store today I wonder why couldn't we just get ppl off the shelf? "Oh, you're looking for friends? Guys on aisle 6, girls on aisle 5." Wouldn't it be great if you can just pick roomates/gfs/bfs that way? What's the return policy? I guess speed dating would be almost like that, except they don't have it for roomate hunting.
I like the friends that I hang out with right now. Everyone is easy going and nice in a non personal kind of way. I get confused with ppl who try to dig their ways into getting to know you better, and later complain that you don't open up to them. The rationale being that if you trust them you should. I don't really get that. Ppl can always talk all they want, I can talk too, but how would you know if any of it is true? It doesn't have to be intentional lies, sometimes ppl just don't know what they are talking about. It's hard to gauge something when it begins to get all subjective. Also, we all know that at the end of the day we can only rely on ourselves, why pretend that there will be any other way?
I like the friends that I hang out with right now. Everyone is easy going and nice in a non personal kind of way. I get confused with ppl who try to dig their ways into getting to know you better, and later complain that you don't open up to them. The rationale being that if you trust them you should. I don't really get that. Ppl can always talk all they want, I can talk too, but how would you know if any of it is true? It doesn't have to be intentional lies, sometimes ppl just don't know what they are talking about. It's hard to gauge something when it begins to get all subjective. Also, we all know that at the end of the day we can only rely on ourselves, why pretend that there will be any other way?
Comments