Winter is here. Winter used to mean try to stay indoors as much as possible... until I started hanging out with these crazy ppl. I wasn't too excited when someone suggested skiing/snowboarding on friday night, first weekend the local snow hill is going to be open. As usual I give in to peer pressure, can't be too cocky when ppl actually want to play with me.
It was fun. Better than I remembered. The lifts are much slower this time, which significantly decreased the level of injury on my part, and potential injuries I might cause to the rest of the ppl. That being said, I still have some major bruises on my knee and some other random areas. I guess on some level playing in the snow for them is like playing in the rain for us. It's hard for me to make that argument though coz they actually make up sports specifically for it. Good thing I'm used to the weird look ppl give me when I say a lot of things, let it be "it's fun playing in the rain" or "tofu/jellyfishs are awesome".
Among the 6 of us, I think our gay post doc had the best time. First it's been a long time since he snow boarded, second, there was a lot of asian guys around. 5 seconds upon entering the rental place his whispered to me, "There's so many cute asians here!" I'm impressed and amazed at the same time, "Mine, do you ever stop (cruising)?" "No." He likes asians, and used to bugged us to bring him to bubble tea. His conclusion on our little skiing outing was "it's better than bubble tea!" It's a joy watcing him happy as a kid in the candy store. That's me at a all-you-can-eat sushi store.
It was fun. Better than I remembered. The lifts are much slower this time, which significantly decreased the level of injury on my part, and potential injuries I might cause to the rest of the ppl. That being said, I still have some major bruises on my knee and some other random areas. I guess on some level playing in the snow for them is like playing in the rain for us. It's hard for me to make that argument though coz they actually make up sports specifically for it. Good thing I'm used to the weird look ppl give me when I say a lot of things, let it be "it's fun playing in the rain" or "tofu/jellyfishs are awesome".
Among the 6 of us, I think our gay post doc had the best time. First it's been a long time since he snow boarded, second, there was a lot of asian guys around. 5 seconds upon entering the rental place his whispered to me, "There's so many cute asians here!" I'm impressed and amazed at the same time, "Mine, do you ever stop (cruising)?" "No." He likes asians, and used to bugged us to bring him to bubble tea. His conclusion on our little skiing outing was "it's better than bubble tea!" It's a joy watcing him happy as a kid in the candy store. That's me at a all-you-can-eat sushi store.
Comments