Weird. I remember the days when I used to sit in the lab, late night, posting here because I was procrastinating on whatever I was trying to do. Research, guys, always sounds so interesting when you summarize 10 years of work in 30 minutes. We don't talk about the frustrating moments when you sit there thinking, either wondering what went wrong (in experiments... and then in life), or the the time wasted when your mind inevitably wonders because some research papers are too damn boring to read.
Oh wells. Not sure what went wrong with me, but I do still like it, so I guess the person who eats salted fish needs to be content with being thirsty... or more like being poor... you know what I mean.
Anyways, here I am, sitting in front of the computer, procrastinating going home... because everyone has left to enjoy the nice summer day outside, and I get to enjoy the serenity here. Also I've had so much sun over the weekend, even my flat nose is tanned. Things has changed quite a bit since my "blogging years", I guess. I'm no longer a grad student, i.e. I rarely stay past midnight, I don't drink as much, and well, life is in generally a little bit more boring. Come on, I even got married, so you know it's bad.
I joke. I actually have no complaints so far.. other than the fact that I am still not used to checking the "married" box on forms... and the idea of me being married it still feels weird. Sort of like when I first graduated and people would joke and call me Dr... I actually still don't like that. Lol, so maybe I won't get used to this either. I guess I just don't get why it is such a big deal and people like to talk about it so much. Although that is rather double standard of me to say that - if it was anyone else, other than myself, I'll make a big deal out of them getting married as well... maybe we have all been programmed to react that way. The power of social norms...
Can't believe it'd be one year soon since we had a dinner party. I have fond memories of the event, lots of food, drinking with my old pals.. we even have a keg of beer! The story goes that the place that sold us the keg ran out of pumps when K's little bro R went to pick it up, 20 minutes before dinner. They went to the pub next door asking to rent one, the manager was hesitant, "Well, we don't usually rent out pumps without the keg..." A hysterical R responded, "But we have a wedding in 20 minutes and no pump for the keg!!!" and it was loaned to us for free. Of course there was the flower bouquet story.. where R also helped save the day. It helps to know people that can transform normal flower bouquets to wedding bouquets. I suspect most people know that they are different, except perhaps this dummy... oh man, all the sh-- we had to deal with, for that one dinner party.
Oh, not to mentioned, hair and make-up... two things that are not even remotely related to me lol ... such costly activities, both time and money. I admire everyone that does that on a regular basis. Yes, I understand, people with my standards will never make it big. I think I might be ok with that. Being content might be a rather boring thing, I suspect.
So yes, to conclude, it is good. And like all good things, if/when it eventually comes to an end, I shall try to remember, and be grateful that it was, at one point, a whole lot of fun... so much so that I was willing to put on make-up and a dress, all because you asked for it.
Oh wells. Not sure what went wrong with me, but I do still like it, so I guess the person who eats salted fish needs to be content with being thirsty... or more like being poor... you know what I mean.
Anyways, here I am, sitting in front of the computer, procrastinating going home... because everyone has left to enjoy the nice summer day outside, and I get to enjoy the serenity here. Also I've had so much sun over the weekend, even my flat nose is tanned. Things has changed quite a bit since my "blogging years", I guess. I'm no longer a grad student, i.e. I rarely stay past midnight, I don't drink as much, and well, life is in generally a little bit more boring. Come on, I even got married, so you know it's bad.
I joke. I actually have no complaints so far.. other than the fact that I am still not used to checking the "married" box on forms... and the idea of me being married it still feels weird. Sort of like when I first graduated and people would joke and call me Dr... I actually still don't like that. Lol, so maybe I won't get used to this either. I guess I just don't get why it is such a big deal and people like to talk about it so much. Although that is rather double standard of me to say that - if it was anyone else, other than myself, I'll make a big deal out of them getting married as well... maybe we have all been programmed to react that way. The power of social norms...
Can't believe it'd be one year soon since we had a dinner party. I have fond memories of the event, lots of food, drinking with my old pals.. we even have a keg of beer! The story goes that the place that sold us the keg ran out of pumps when K's little bro R went to pick it up, 20 minutes before dinner. They went to the pub next door asking to rent one, the manager was hesitant, "Well, we don't usually rent out pumps without the keg..." A hysterical R responded, "But we have a wedding in 20 minutes and no pump for the keg!!!" and it was loaned to us for free. Of course there was the flower bouquet story.. where R also helped save the day. It helps to know people that can transform normal flower bouquets to wedding bouquets. I suspect most people know that they are different, except perhaps this dummy... oh man, all the sh-- we had to deal with, for that one dinner party.
Oh, not to mentioned, hair and make-up... two things that are not even remotely related to me lol ... such costly activities, both time and money. I admire everyone that does that on a regular basis. Yes, I understand, people with my standards will never make it big. I think I might be ok with that. Being content might be a rather boring thing, I suspect.
So yes, to conclude, it is good. And like all good things, if/when it eventually comes to an end, I shall try to remember, and be grateful that it was, at one point, a whole lot of fun... so much so that I was willing to put on make-up and a dress, all because you asked for it.
Comments