Beer anyone?
Man, such timing, almost exactly 2 years ago from the last post. You know it's a long time when you can't even remember what your own blog is called. Lol. Do you know what I've been through in the past 2 years? That's right, I've been in a relationship.
And now I have good and bad news...the relationship will carry on, and I am about to put on a monkey show in a month. Costume and all. Aren't you excited? Good, coz I'm not. Sorry, I have to warn you if you want to keep reading, I'm probably the grouchiest person when it comes to this.... You see my brother destroy any chance of me romanticizing... pretty much anything by making sure that I only read sci-fiction when I was growing up. I follow-up on that effort by becoming a nerd. So now I have issues relating to majority of the female population when it comes this event. You are right, not every girl is crazy about weddings, and I know many of those as my good friends, which makes them totally unhelpful in this situation. Imagine you mention "make-up" and you get a bunch of blank or amused faces. Great, thank you. I love you guys as my friends, but now I need ppl who look like ppl in tv and can't wait to tell me all their wisdom in the expert field of looking presentable.
It became painfully obvious that I have not been making good use of my time all these years. I lack fundamental skills as a member of the female population... if I was a product I would not pass ISO 9001 standard. I went to the recommended hair dresser and ask questions like, "What's the shortest hair I can have within one month of this dinner banquet thing?" and "Can you cut it so that I don't have to do anything about my hair on the day off?" The hairdresser almost looked as troubled as me in the mirror.. then she said, "you... are the one getting married?" Oh dear, I know it's hard to comprehend, but why else would I care/spend 50 bucks on a haircut?
I have to put on a show and I have no idea what show it should be. My brain gets confused when I don't know what I am "suppose to know". Speaking of which, what it is with asian parents who can't seem to clearly express what they want in.. normal, direct language? Isn't all these encryption and decryption exhausting? They don't provide the key and gets mad when decoding is incorrect.. or in my case failed to happen entirely. My goodness, they don't make a whole movie about Turing for no good reason - decryption without key is for geniuses!! If you haven't figure it out, I won't be doing this if I were smart. Arggh. Google needs an asian parent translate app, translate subtle subtext into normal language for dummy like me please.
I secretly think though parents are more like bosses, they think they know what they want, but really what they want is for you to figure out what they want, deliver the solution and make it sound like that was exactly what they were thinking. They show the same signs, they provide conflicting requirements when you ask for details, when you point it out, they get mad or make you feel guilty for not "put more effort" into whatever it is. Except parents do it because they care, so you can't really get mad... you just... drink excessively, maybe. Or just focus on your breathing: breathing in, breath out, count to 3 million, this too shall pass.
1,2,3,4,5.... Please send happy thoughts... and beers.
Man, such timing, almost exactly 2 years ago from the last post. You know it's a long time when you can't even remember what your own blog is called. Lol. Do you know what I've been through in the past 2 years? That's right, I've been in a relationship.
And now I have good and bad news...the relationship will carry on, and I am about to put on a monkey show in a month. Costume and all. Aren't you excited? Good, coz I'm not. Sorry, I have to warn you if you want to keep reading, I'm probably the grouchiest person when it comes to this.... You see my brother destroy any chance of me romanticizing... pretty much anything by making sure that I only read sci-fiction when I was growing up. I follow-up on that effort by becoming a nerd. So now I have issues relating to majority of the female population when it comes this event. You are right, not every girl is crazy about weddings, and I know many of those as my good friends, which makes them totally unhelpful in this situation. Imagine you mention "make-up" and you get a bunch of blank or amused faces. Great, thank you. I love you guys as my friends, but now I need ppl who look like ppl in tv and can't wait to tell me all their wisdom in the expert field of looking presentable.
It became painfully obvious that I have not been making good use of my time all these years. I lack fundamental skills as a member of the female population... if I was a product I would not pass ISO 9001 standard. I went to the recommended hair dresser and ask questions like, "What's the shortest hair I can have within one month of this dinner banquet thing?" and "Can you cut it so that I don't have to do anything about my hair on the day off?" The hairdresser almost looked as troubled as me in the mirror.. then she said, "you... are the one getting married?" Oh dear, I know it's hard to comprehend, but why else would I care/spend 50 bucks on a haircut?
I have to put on a show and I have no idea what show it should be. My brain gets confused when I don't know what I am "suppose to know". Speaking of which, what it is with asian parents who can't seem to clearly express what they want in.. normal, direct language? Isn't all these encryption and decryption exhausting? They don't provide the key and gets mad when decoding is incorrect.. or in my case failed to happen entirely. My goodness, they don't make a whole movie about Turing for no good reason - decryption without key is for geniuses!! If you haven't figure it out, I won't be doing this if I were smart. Arggh. Google needs an asian parent translate app, translate subtle subtext into normal language for dummy like me please.
I secretly think though parents are more like bosses, they think they know what they want, but really what they want is for you to figure out what they want, deliver the solution and make it sound like that was exactly what they were thinking. They show the same signs, they provide conflicting requirements when you ask for details, when you point it out, they get mad or make you feel guilty for not "put more effort" into whatever it is. Except parents do it because they care, so you can't really get mad... you just... drink excessively, maybe. Or just focus on your breathing: breathing in, breath out, count to 3 million, this too shall pass.
1,2,3,4,5.... Please send happy thoughts... and beers.
Comments