I know, it's been a while.

The boss is away, so I get to do this at work today, muahahaha... There used to be a time when I am constantly doing this at work, and it was fine, because nobody cares back then. Now.. nobody will know, since I have my own office, but if I want to go home at all, I better do work at work.

Yeap, that's how it is now. Pathetic, I know.

I scheduled last Saturday for drinking. When I announce this I was asked why. Well, no good reason, just because I felt like it. I don't know what you have in mind you read this... hopefully not an image of me sleeping in my own puke.. because that did not happen. I only had 3 beers the whole day - so drinking was not the main event. The main agenda was to do whatever I wanted. On Saturday that meant venturing out to buy beers on top of groceries, went home to put the beers in the fridge, ventured out again to buy a lobster, watched youtube video on how to kill/cook a lobster while consuming beer, had speakers on while apologetically fighting Mr. Lobster, consumed the lobster and skipped dinner with someone's parents.

Yes, did I mention there is a someone now? I know I haven't, but I don't want to elaborate, so we can pretend that I forgot to mention this, and now that it's a year later it's no longer breaking news, you've been informed, let's move on.

It felt good, hanging out with lobster (well, not much), beers, speaker and myself. One thing I've learn, I am the kind who needs a lot of down time. Thinking back it probably shouldn't be a surprise for the chronically single. Now.. it is obvious that the occasional social events I had back in grad school was actually about all I could joyfully handle... according to most ppl I think that would be considered anti-social. But I am not... I would argue. I am just not super social, as in I don't get excited meeting new ppl every second day. Every 3 months or so is ok. So now there is that at work, and there is someone off work. In short, I am with ppl all the time... I know, I live in a society full of people, etc, I know! But... Sigh. I am not saying I hate ppl, I am just saying I am not a huge fan with all of them, i.e. I am fine being in the coffee shop surrounded by ppl, as long as they don't talk to me. It's tiring. Friends stopping by to say hi is another story.

Leave me alone and I shall prosper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog