Whoa. It's been a while.... to a point that I can't quite remember what I used to tell you here. Crazy, how did I used to have so much to tell?

Anywho. First off, happy new year I guess. It is a new year! Much more exciting earlier in the month than now, I am sure. Good thing CNY is coming up soon. I won't be going home this year, which is relatively dissapointing. Troubled times at the company, dad said, better stay put to not give anyone excuses to fire you. Ok... although a lay off package sounds pretty nice.. free salary for a few months... I see sandy beaches and... well, did I mention free salary? Life had more freedom when I was a grad student hovering the poverty line.

But I am old enough to know that one shall not always tell your parents what you are thinking. Some thoughts just don't look good on you... and if my brother (whom I suspect is permanently traumatized after being laid off) found out, I will be futher typecasts as the hippy scientist who can't handle real world. Well, just because I think real world sucks doesn't mean I can't handle it. The same way not winning lottery sucks. We all grow up to face more disaapointment in life... it's just that he's been in it so long he no longer notice the suckiness. That being said, he has been in a good mood recently, which probably means he has a gf. If my parents aren't so keen on us getting married I'd call them up and place a bet on that. Instead I have to put up with him sharing links to love songs on youtube because "its high quality sound". I believe they are best watched while sipping high quality tequila.

Uh oh. It's late, I better go to bed. Time flies when you babble nonsense. :) See you next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog