I am starving.

The bad thing about cooking for yourself is that you are usually too hungry by the time you need to cook. By you I mean me, of course. The prolonged process of preparing things to be cooked makes you even hungrier.

The good thing about the torture is that by the time food is ready, everything taste good. Actually, you don't care if it doesn't taste good, you need it to stay ALIVE, or at least conscious.

The same perk extends to cooking while drunk. If I recall correctly, everything I cooked while drinking tasted delicious. Just so I don't confirm your suspicion that I am an alcoholic, I will clarify that I have only done that twice. I think. While I cannot be absolutely sure that it would have tasted as delicious if someone else ate it... I think it is highly possible that I am a better cook while drunk - I remember I was putting in ingredients as I should: if it needed oil, let there be oil; salt to taste not to the fact that I have hypertension in my genes; if it needed water, beer it was! Such uninhibited cooking, it could either be a recipe for disaster, or greatness.  I am going with the latter.

It is 2am and I am starving. I am out of noodles because I ate them for dinner because I was out of rice.  If I cook anything right now I will have to wash dishes and it will take.... too long. I have a useless meeting at 9am. Why do people dream about knight in shinning armour? I want a midnight chef in dirty apron... who also part time as a bartender. Someone should write a fairytale about that so that some little kid out there would have realistic targets to look for when they grow up. Seriously.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog