It was raining all day today. Definitely a welcome break from a whole week of 30C weather. I woke up the gloomy day and decided to bring my chairs and table out to the balcony. I made myself some tea and turn on the speakers. Barely sheltered from the raindrops on the edge of the balcony, I was listening to Robyn, then this came on.



 I don't listen to her often, despite being one of my favourites. I smile each time this song came on...not in a hilarious manner... in fact, quite the opposite, it is quite sad, in a almost helpless kinda way. A life-can-be-a-bitch like-that kinda way. Sometimes there is nothing you can do. I don't know why, but somehow that makes me smile. Perhaps in a bitter kinda way.

I wanted to hit the seafood market before dinner so I put on the raincoat and headed out. A Volkswagen camper drove by and I can't help but smile at the sight of it. When I looked up I realized the old gentleman driving it was smiling back at me. Alright, so he knows I think that was awesome, and apparently he agreed. Then I spotted a lady wearing this exact jacket you bought for me a long time ago. What are the chances, I thought, I haven't worn that jacket in years. I never understood why anyone would buy me anything that requires hand-wash only. There was a time I was willing to put up with that, I guess.

The market was closed when I got there so I decided to get some bread - I do have Nutella at home. On my way back, between pulling over my hood and avoiding steping into puddles, two cars that looked like yours drove by. It was hard not to do a double take. I don't know what I was thinking, perhaps I was hoping to find that I saw it wrong the first time, and that I have finally gone mad. Perhaps... nothing. It is just a quiet sunday like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog