Hah. Yes, I was drunk during my last post. It made no sense, I know, but at least I spelled every word right... it seemed. :D

Finally back from Vancouver. On top of the 14 hour drive each way (I didn't drive, thank goodness), I was on the bike 2 out of the 4-day vacation. Quite sore is the ass. On our way there we spent the night at the designated resting area long the highway, right in the mountains. Slept in the back of the van, with sleeping bags and all... nothing like nature to make you appreciate indoor plumbing and automatic toilets... or just running water, in general. My whole chin tasted like toothpaste after I brushed my teeth because I didn't want to use up too much of our drinking water. Had to wash up quite a bit in the washroom before meeting this professor upon arrival. My shirt was still wet when I saw him, I think. And I wonder why no one wants to hire me.

Went to the nude beach on the evening of arrival, after dinner. The beach is right by the univeristy of british columbia. Nudity is optional, so you don't have to bare it all if you don't want to. There were a lot of happy ppl there, more clothed ppl than not, it was interesting.

Biking along the shoreline was fun. We biked passed a few beaches... not the white sandy beaches and clear blue water kinda beaches, considering the port is just on the opposite shore, but nice spots for ppl watching. Pride was good, definitely very festive.. it was quite a big event, felt like any other parade, except crazier and with more naked ppl.

Went to watch Inception and did more biking for the rest of the trip. All in all a good trip, though I was definitely ready to go home by the last day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog