Convocation today. More than 1m of fresh snow on the ski hill but we manage to guilt Dirk into going to the convocation as my guest, instead of skiing. Well, it's family and friends... either one is good. Dirk is the perfect guest for such event - there will definitely be photos, whether you like it or not. Flow of traffic flow was often obstructed because he usually takes more than 30 secs to take a shot and he likes to stand in the middle of the road. I alternate between smiling and throwing apologetic glances at everyone. I am grateful though, he is a good friend.

My part time boss had flowers delivered to my place because she couldn't make it to the ceremony. However, since the building never change my buzzer information at the lobby, the ppl living in my old apartment, 4 doors down, was buzzed and decided to receive the flowers on my behalf. The flower shop called to let me know so I can go pick it up from my neighbours. It was a large bouquet, with vase and all that, best looking thing in the whole apartment. It was very sweet of her... I appreciate the sentiment but I probably should have told her I'm not a flower person. I don't really feel much for flowers and would much prefer seeing them in the garden. I feel bad thinking that the money could be spent on a nice meal (it at least cost her 60 bucks). I feel worse telling the flowers that I have no idea what to do with them - I can't even eat them. I can only watch them die slowly everyday. Now I don't dare to open the window because it's winter so the apartment is stuffy. They are now sitting next to the microwave. I stare at them and think they demand/deserve more attention. I am the the brink of having a flower crisis - this is what happen when you have too much time in your hands.

Comments

Catcher said…
Congratulation on your achievement. Love Tim & June.
507 said…
Thanks. How's everything with you guys and the little one?
Catcher said…
I am almost due soon.. in a week time.

Popular posts from this blog