Some people dial when they get drunk, some cry, some get really friendly.... I write blogs. Sometimes. At Chicago right now - SfN conference. Crazy big show, 30k ppl in total, I'm totally overwhelmed. Night time is social time as usual... and I should be at a Jazz bar tonight. We headed out for dinner but my roommate needed to get back around midnight because well, she's married+she has to talk to her hubby+she's younger and dare not walk back alone, so I walked back with her. Sigh. Man, I have no idea why I believe in certain obligations... coz I would love to stay. I'm not big on clubbing... but Jazz and drinks with good company, I'm not sure I would give that up to talk to any hubby. Commitment is a powerful/scary thing. Oh. Chicago blues, we could have been friends.

No one would believe I came online to tell you this. Even then the right person is never online. I don't know why I do things that doesn't even make much sense to me. The concierge is polite and busy as usual even past midnight. The jazz music playing in the lobby as I am typing this is my only consolation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog