Whow. I'm back. Actually, I've been back to Edmonton for about 1.5 week now. As you all know, I took a month off to visit home and I must say it was well worth it. Not that I was sacrificing anything, no work, no emails and receiving my ahem, well deserved stipend, I have no complains. Well, except for the long hour flights, those really can be a pain.

Anyways, I was planning on giving a brief recap of my adventures back home... but that'd probably have to wait till my next post, coz there's something here that I have to write for my buddies to read. I was gonna write them in an email but then it was a mass email and I figured it would be sappy enough to freak the rest of the non-involvers out. I apologize for my scattered mind, please bare in mind that one of the reason you're reading this is because I'm writing under slight (sake) influence.

Ok, get to the point already, I know. Hmm... so, this is the part which was included in the first draft of the email.. if you didn't go to high school with me please spare yourself from the rest of the post... anyways... here it is..

To my high school buddies: As I've grew older I've started to understand the truth behind the lame statement of "not taking things for granted"... human relationship has a fragile quality to it that probably isn't worth investing in... alright,that was a bit overboard and was just written for dramatic effect. What I really meant was, you never know when I can get hit by an ambulance and reincarnate into your pet hamster/dog/cat/bunny. However, I'm glad that I've meet you all before my pretentious bitter days and to find on this trip home that somethings can still stay the same, kinda of, for now. I hold it close to my heart and will treasure it as long as it last. Lastly, I promise not to borrow money from you so please invite me to your weddings.

That's a lot for now. I'll see you when I see you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, welcome back! Hope you had a wonderful time back home.
507 said…
Haha. Thanks. I had a wonderful time back home. Hope you had a good Xmas and New Year as well.

Popular posts from this blog