One week
It's been a crazy week. I don't think I slept more than 3 hours per day for the first half of the week. Ever felt so tired at the end of one day that you don't really care what happens anymore? I had one of those before I gave my talk on tuesday. I did, however swore that I'll marry anyone who offer me a home cook meal at that point. My boss did invited me to dinner after the talk, but that doesn't count. I was glad I ordered more than 30 bucks of food though, including snake soup. Muahahaha. It's fun to get angmos to eat weird stuff.
One week till I fly. Can't really see that happening yet. After my experiment on tuesday things might be better, if the experiment is not as disastrous as last wednesday. Another one of those 14 hours day. Still gotta meet up with the guys on saturday night. Would have picked friday but one of the post docs only get back on sat morning. To show that it is important we meet before I go, the other post doc told us about this documentary he watched on The Learning Channel lately. It was basically a reconstruction of what happened during a plane crash. Some pilot let his kids "fly" the plane while he set it to autopilot. What he didn't know was that if there was resistance to the controller/steering wheel (? what do you call that?) for more than 30 secs, autopilot goes off by 2/3. His boy did that, and by the time the pilot regain control of the plane, it was too low and crashed. Hence, point taken, 'it's not like I'm not coming back' is not a sure thing.
Pack. No idea what I should be packing at all. I'd be the most under dressed person in Asia. Heh. I still have to wear my winter jacket to the airport. I should print out a map of how to get to my bro's place in HK. So much shit to do. Who wants canadian stuff? You guys have the option of maple syrup and polar bears. Ok, just maple syrup is true.... really nothing else here.
One week till I fly. Can't really see that happening yet. After my experiment on tuesday things might be better, if the experiment is not as disastrous as last wednesday. Another one of those 14 hours day. Still gotta meet up with the guys on saturday night. Would have picked friday but one of the post docs only get back on sat morning. To show that it is important we meet before I go, the other post doc told us about this documentary he watched on The Learning Channel lately. It was basically a reconstruction of what happened during a plane crash. Some pilot let his kids "fly" the plane while he set it to autopilot. What he didn't know was that if there was resistance to the controller/steering wheel (? what do you call that?) for more than 30 secs, autopilot goes off by 2/3. His boy did that, and by the time the pilot regain control of the plane, it was too low and crashed. Hence, point taken, 'it's not like I'm not coming back' is not a sure thing.
Pack. No idea what I should be packing at all. I'd be the most under dressed person in Asia. Heh. I still have to wear my winter jacket to the airport. I should print out a map of how to get to my bro's place in HK. So much shit to do. Who wants canadian stuff? You guys have the option of maple syrup and polar bears. Ok, just maple syrup is true.... really nothing else here.
Comments