random scene

"I know a lot of ppl who do that." I said to my roomate while eating in the kitchen.

"What?" He turned down the volumn of his music.

"Listen to a same song over and over again."

"Oh." He was suddenly wearing a sly smile on his face, "right, I remember at least one other person."

"Good, you're not a weirdo then." I walked over to the living room with my bread and turned on the tv.

"What?" I looked up after ignoring his stare for 10 secs or so.

"So... I've heard ... " "Yeah, so?"

"And you're alright with all that's going on? You know.. with the 'new friend'? " "Why not?"

He paused, trying to phrase his next sentence. It was actually funny to see him talking with such caution.

"Well... you used to.. actually, whatever happened between... " "Nothing."

"Huh."

I sighed. "Yes. There's one perfectly valid reason, and we all know what that is. "

"You don't know for sure... it definitely wasn't just you.. "

"Well, doesn't matter, and I think I do know. If I say I do not then I'm intentionally ignoring the facts."

"I see." He nodded. "So you're alright?"

"I'm good." I shrugged, "it's not like I didn't see it coming. It's not a big deal, really."

"Ok." He walked back to wherever he came from.

I wasn't sure exactly at what point I bit on my inner cheek, but while I was watching the rest of the tv program I was rather sure I tasted blood.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you made the switch. I can finally scribble something here without having to sign up for a xanga account, keke.
507 said…
Yes! A comment! I'm typing in tears now. My karma must be getting better coz I didn't cursed at my alarm this morning... haha.. nice to hear from you though, really.

Popular posts from this blog